NOTICE DUE TO COVID-19
In accordance with the University’s policy on research activity the Center for Environmental Sciences and Engineering (CESE) is open for research support and external clients to submit samples for analysis.
Due to limited staffing at the Center and UConn policies to ensure health and safety, a number of changes have been put in place to regulate CESE operations in general, especially as they apply to sample acceptance and processing in particular.
- For sample drop-off, customers must schedule an appointment, at least 2 hours in advance of delivery. To do so, call the main number (860-486-4015) at CESE or email email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
- An electronic chain of custody must be submitted prior to delivery. You must email, prior to arrival, a completed chain of custody to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- The main entrance to CESE is open from 9am-5pm, and we will be waiting for you to receive samples at your drop-off appointment time.
- Importantly, masks are required to be worn of all staff members and clients when in the building. Please make sure to bring one with you and wear it during sample delivery.
Because many of our staff members and management personnel will be working remotely, we will be available to schedule a teleconference or WebEx meeting to answer questions on existing projects or to plan future research.
In case of any laboratory-specific questions, please contact the appropriate lab manager:
- Organics Division Anthony Provatas – email@example.com
- Nutrients Division Stephanie Kexel – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Metals Division Sniega Stapcinskaite – email@example.com
- Emerging Contaminants Division Christopher Perkins – firstname.lastname@example.org
For all other questions, including those related to current or future projects and experiments please feel free to reach out to Christopher Perkins – email@example.com
In the News
**JOB POSTING NOTICE**: CESE Financial Specialist Search
‘Climate Crisis: Take Action’ Is Third Pop-Up Class Offering at UConn
Inspiring Students to Save the Planet
UCONN READS event flyer 2021
CESE affiliated faculty members named to World’s Most Highly-Cited Researchers
Participants from across Connecticut receive virtual experience at Natural Resources Conservation Academy
University of Connecticut – STARS Platinum Rating
UConn Partners in $100M DOE Innovation Hub on Water Technologies
UConn Launches Hemp Testing Lab in Response to Industry Need
UConn to Offer Tropical Studies Courses in South Africa